Tuesday, July 18, 2017

teevee land apocalypse

My grandma loved Pernell Roberts.  I loved my grandma.  She also liked Little Joe.  But Little Joe was her buddy.  Pernell Roberts was her man.  I have a love/hate relationship with Little Joe.  I've always thought of him as a swashbuckling child of privilege.  Like JFK Jr without the planes and boats.

I saw Little Joe shoot a snake in midstrike once.  Didn't change my opinion of him.  Just fool's luck.  Women loved him, then left him.  What did they find out after getting close: what intimate detail pushed them away?

Pernell Robert was a scholar and a solitary man, quiet and dignified, and my grandma could believe he was being loyal to her as she tuned in every week, that he would be there, unattended, waiting for her attentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment