Sunday, May 29, 2016

The Abaddonian Virtues

First, the virtues of Marcus Aurelius:

Spiritual Authority
Humor
Mercy
Dignity
Tenacity
Frugality
Gravity
Respectability
Humanity
Industriousness
Dutifulness
Prudence
Wholesomeness
Sternness
Truthfulness

Now, the Abaddonian Virtues:

Patience in waiting for luck/providence
Patience in waiting for weather to change
Ambition or Sangria Caliente(Hot Blood)
Supple feet/hands

All essential.

A Walden spin-off book leads me to wonder how many times I can use the word 'damn' alone as a complete sentence.  Going into the woods with a partially-eaten 10 pc McNuggets, a garden hose and a dull pocket knife.  I was not destined to become cotton king.

The android servant would be dangerously low on power and out-of-service-area, thusly present, but in the pocket, powered-down.

But I can wash my body in the waters of the pond and then laze about the shore, sit on my porch and read from the Kindle, as work needs doing and the day gets late.

Can you find truth within yourself, searching that limited space like a child that has fallen down a well?  Or will you be so disgusted by what you find that you become self-destructive, feeding yourself sumptuously but without health, so as to promote your own early demise?

After I eat the nuggets, I can use the box for any figs or berries I find in the woods, making like a new Macguyver.

No comments:

Post a Comment